Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Back by Popular Demand
It has been requested that I write at least every other day on my blog. Not sure that I can live up to that demand, but I certainly will post today. As I'm sitting here, "working", I'm wondering about the roles men and women play in the world. I was talking with my boss the other day and the IT guy at Harborview and we were talking about the fall of man and my boss told me of the thought that woman was doubly cursed, not only would she have pain in childbirth, but she would "desire her husband, and he would rule over her" (Genesis). The thought that the woman would now desire to have the man's role and would constantly struggle with not being in the right position of "power". This then led into a word that some Christian women still cringe to hear. Submission. I don't fear the word the way some do, perhaps it's because they've had a negative experience with it. I trust that the one I'm submitting to is also submitting to the Lord, and for that I do not fear it. We are all meant to be in submission, men, women, children alike, God requests it, requires it, so why do we fear it? Resist it? There are people in my family that cringe at the word and will gladly walk in the other direction. Does that have to do with Eve and her being cursed by God? I don't know. I'm still working on all that, but at least I blogged something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment