Thursday, January 24, 2008
Good Bye, Tane
Grace exuded from this woman. Generosity and compassion guided her every step. The Father was with her, His Spirit carried her through her days. Tane was an amazing woman, the kind that you can't help but admire and want to be around. Carlos and I had the honor of watching her make her way to the Lord on Sunday night. God blessed her last day with sunshine and her last evening she was bathed in moonlight and stars. I was playing the piano for her, a song called Goin' Up a Yonder. The words and music brought her peace. We prayed over her in her final moments and as Carlos was reading from Revelation 21, speaking of New Jerusalem, Tane was there. She was at the pearled gates and looking at the rivers. She's with Jesus, and I couldn' be more happy for her. She is in the presence of the Almighty and she's singing Holy, Holy, Holy! Tane fought a good fight, both against the disease that finally claimed her and with her own spititual journey. Her family is having a hard time, who wouldn't, but it is my prayer that her life is a bigger testiment to them than her death. I pray that they will remember her faith rather than her illness. I beg Christ to make his presence known to them, rather than they feel the emptiness that not having Tane could leave. I pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment